October 31, 2013 § Leave a comment
The highly interactive and fun collection of apps includes restored classics to modern day bestselling stories from popular children authors – something for every child from ages 3-12.
Auryn Inc., the most award-winning publisher of premiere interactive children’s apps, today announces the release of 250 story apps for Windows 8 devices. With this announcement, Auryn’s children apps have further expanded its reach to their young readers as they are now available across the top three digital platforms including iOS, Android and now Windows 8.
Auryn’s collection of story apps on Windows 8, are engaging titles with beautiful illustrations and a good mix of classic and modern day bestselling stories that will stimulate young reader’s imagination introducing them to a wide range of story based experiences. All the apps come with interactive features such as Read To Me, Auto Read and Word Highlight to improve comprehension and reading skills.
Umesh Shukla, founder and CEO of Auryn, Inc., said, “Our release of 250 interactive and award winning children stories for Windows 8 is the greatest number of Auryn apps on any digital platform, and we are thrilled to be working with such a forward-thinking company.”
Apps are available on the Windows app store at http://bit.ly/AurynWin
September 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
The New York Times recommends “Van Gogh and the Sunflowers” app by Auryn and Laurence Anholt; to introduce children to Van Gogh and his work.
“It smoothly mixes bright watercolor illustrations with games and activities to keep children engaged.” – in The New York Times review.
‘Van Gogh and the Sunflowers’ encourages creativity and teaches children art history through this interactive app with text and paintings. The app has been recognized by many and is one of the most award-winning titles created by Auryn Inc. Now available on iPad and iPhone in English and Chinese languages!
Get it today!
Chinese / Mandarin version on iPad (FREE): http://bit.ly/VGoghMan
Alphabet Animals, Paper Dolls, From The Game! and More App Fun for Kids and Adults this Spring from Award-Winning Digital Publisher Auryn
March 27, 2013 § Leave a comment
Auryn Inc. springs into action with world-renowned children’s authors and illustrators to expand library of storybook apps for children and sports fans photo sharing app this Spring on iPad and tablet devices.
Auryn Inc. the most award-winning digital publisher and creator of unprecedented children’s storybook apps for iPad and tablet devices, today brings more fun to reading and learning and another great way to enjoy your favorite sporting events with a fantastic line up of titles great for Spring time, including Alphabet Animals by Suse MacDonald, Breitville by Mary Engelbreit, Abby’s Aquarium Adventures, Part 2: Predators by Heidi de Maine, Some Day, Some Night by Jack Guinan and From the Game!, a photo sharing app for sports fans.
Each of these titles brings their own entertaining and educational experience:
- Alphabet Animals: Suse MacDonald, winner of Caldecott Honor, and Auryn recently released Alphabet Animals. In this app, animals – from an alligator to a zebra – take the shapes of all the letters in the alphabet. Each animal represents a different letter – but what could it be? To find the answer, children can tap on the animal to hear its name, tap to pull the card and hear the alphabet. This app is simple enough for children to learn their ABCs and expand their vocabulary while giving the visual treat of Suse MacDonald’s unique artwork. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/XXmguu.
- Breitville: Mary Engelbreit, world-renowned artist and graphic illustrator, and Auryn teamed up with the new release of Breitville, a paper doll dress up and play app for the digital age. Classic paper dolls are back in digital form in Breitville, a virtual town, where hours of fun await youngsters and reminiscent adults who want to play dress up with paper dolls, decorate doll houses and record their own TV show, all in digital form on the iPad. Available on iTunes now for $3.99 at http://bit.ly/paperDoll.
- Abby’s Aquarium Adventures, Part 2: Predators: Children at younger age are more curious to find out about new animals and creatures. Abby’s Aquarium Adventures 2, introduces kids not only to sea predators, but also gives an insight into the world of people who work inside the aquarium. Useful facts and fun ‘quirks’ about each fish or sea animal is presented in a language that is easy to understand but also leaves space for more exploration. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/102qRtA.
- Some Day, Some Night: Say goodnight to the precious little one in your life with the enchanting children’s bedtime storybook Some Day, Some Night. It’s a magical tale about a special day when the sun proclaimed, “I’d like to stay!” Stay up and not go to bed that is. But, with the help of his friends–the farmer, the birds, the rooster, the flowers, the wind and the moon and the stars, the sun learns that he too, like all good little boys and girls must go to sleep at night. Soothing rhymes, lush illustrations and themes of friendship, hope and love create the perfect environment for your child at bedtime. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/X9SuUQ.
- From the Game!: The newest most exciting way to share images and videos from your favorite professional, college, high school or even recreational league games. Easily upload videos and pictures you take and share them with other fans. Just saw the best game of your life? Have the definitive panorama shot from your local stadium? Post your photos and videos and check to see who else has posted from that game. From the Game is the simplest way to connect with other fans, see their pictures and videos and share great moments caught while in the stands. No filters allowed, only great sport moments in their true glory. Available free on iTunes now at http://bit.ly/UKdf36.
“Spring brings National Reading Month and an overall renewed energy,” said Umesh Shukla, Founder and CCO of Auryn. “It’s Auryn’s goal is to bring the best in education and entertainment apps to children for hours and hours of enjoyment and learning. We are also excited to bring some fun photo sharing to adults with From the Game! All of these Spring titles are examples of Auryn’s dedication to making learning and life’s great moments more fun and memorable.”
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit http://auryn.tv/ and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at: https://www.facebook.com/aurynapps, http://www.twitter.com/AurynApps and http://pinterest.com/appsbyauryn/
February 27, 2013 § 4 Comments
Auryn, Inc. Promotes National Reading Month by Offering Complimentary Children’s Storybook Apps During the Month of March
Here is the schedule of Apps going FREE everyday:
“We are happy to support National Reading Month during March. By giving back with storybook apps, we hope to inspire kids to read in a way that they will find fun and engaging,” proclaims Umesh Shukla, Founder and CEO of Auryn, Inc. “Bringing illustrations to life through animation and interactivity seems to brighten the eyes and minds of today’s youngsters, and we couldn’t be happier to support that renewed enthusiasm.”
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy Award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking, interactive content for the new, emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as a Digital 25 Top Innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit http://auryn.tv/.
Jamie Lee Curtis releases her first interactive storybook app with Award-winning publisher Auryn, Inc.
July 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Beloved actress and bestselling children’s book author proudly presents her most cutting-edge and creative venture yet
Los Angeles, Calif., July 12, 2012 — Auryn, Inc., the most award-winning digital publisher of interactive children’s stories for the iPad and other tablet devices, today announced the launch of its newest title based on Where Do Balloons Go? by New York Times bestselling author and celebrated actress Jamie Lee Curtis. AURYN HD – WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? AN UPLIFTING MYSTERY marks Curtis’ debut into digital publishing.
Fans of all ages can explore the story like never before as it follows a little boy’s imaginative journey when he accidentally lets go of his balloon. AURYN HD – WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? AN UPLIFTING MYSTERY brings Jamie Lee Curtis’ gentle and humorous story and Laura Cornell’s illustrations to life, enhancing the experience of the original book and adding delightful interactive experiences that encourage children’s creativity to soar.
AURYN HD – WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? AN UPLIFTING MYSTERY for the iPad is now available on the App Store for $5.99 at http://bit.ly/whball.
“I am blown away, excuse the pun. I had no idea how exciting this new wave of publishing could be,” said Jamie Lee Curtis. “This is the most cutting edge and creative venture I have ever been involved with and I’m so pleased that it captures the inherent poignancy of the story of losing a balloon and all the emotions that it brings. I am so very proud to present this to the world.”
“We are big fans of Jamie Lee Curtis’ books and are thrilled that she chose Auryn as her partner in bringing this bestselling children’s title to an immersive, interactive format,” said Umesh Shukla, founder of Auryn. “We’re honored to have another bestselling author and celebrity select Auryn’s award-winning creative team and patented technology to launch a ground-breaking — or in this case, gravity-defying — storytelling experience.”
AURYN HD – WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? AN UPLIFTING MYSTERY offers a wide variety of delightful and engaging surprises, allowing readers to:
- Create an animated balloon movie in the Balloon Theater by building balloon characters (using their own photos), recording dialog and enacting scenes
- Create their own balloon animals: Auryn’s virtual physics engine gives users a realistic experience of this carnival favorite. After blowing on the iPad to “inflate” virtual balloons, users can then swipe to twist and turn them into fun shapes
- Have a giggle-fit listening to a funny “helium version” of their voice
- Send hand-written e-postcards to friends and family as they join the missing balloon on vacation
- Make over 200 balloons sway to the music at the “Big Balloon Dance”
- Use a virtual fan to blow the balloons around, connect-the-dots to create new constellations in space and much more
AURYN HD – WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? AN UPLIFTING MYSTERY helps build reading skills by offering children the following reading options:
- Listen to the story, narrated by Jamie Lee Curtis herself, while the text is displayed “Karaoke-style”
- Touch a word on the page to highlight it and hear it spoken aloud
For video of Jamie Lee Curtis describing her inspiration for the story visit http://bit.ly/vidbal and to see her demonstrate the app visit http://bit.ly/vibal2 or visit Auryn’s YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/AurynInc.
About Jamie Lee Curtis
Jamie Lee Curtis is the bestselling author of numerous children’s books. This fall, Ms. Curtis will publish her 10th book, My Brave Year of Firsts. She has also published My Mommy Hung the Moon, Big Words for Little People, Is There Really A Human Race?, It’s Hard To Be Five, I’m Gonna Like Me, Where Do Balloons Go?, Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods That Make My Day, Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born, and When I Was Little.
She is also a film actress with starring roles in such acclaimed films as You Again, Freaky Friday, True Lies, Trading Places and A Fish Called Wanda. In television, Ms. Curtis co-starred opposite Richard Lewis in the sitcom Anything But Love, as well as the title role in TNT’s adaptation of Wendy Wasserstein’s play, The Heidi Chronicles, and the CBS telefilm, Nicholas’ Gift.
Ms. Curtis is also an AIDS activist and has a deep and active connection to many children’s charities including, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit www.auryn.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at: www.facebook.com/appsbyauryn, www.twitter.com/AurynApps and http://pinterest.com/appsbyauryn/.
BLOCKBUSTER AUTHOR DEAN KOONTZ AND AURYN RELEASE SECOND EBOOK APP IN THE AWARD-WINNING TRIXIE DOG SERIES
May 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
Auryn, Inc., the most award-winning digital publisher of interactive children’s stories for the iPad and other tablet devices, today announces the availability Trixie and Jinx, the second ebook app by blockbuster author Dean Koontz.
With the release of the award-winning I, Trixie Who Is Dog app late last year, Auryn and Koontz brought the author’s beloved golden retriever Trixie to life on the iPad and iPhone. Together, we have now released the second Trixie ebook adventure, just in time for children and families to enjoy it on summer vacations.
Giving readers another fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie with quirky narration and irrepressible spirit, this app will delight readers young and old. This app details the story of Trixie who longs for her buddy Jinx the dachshund when he goes on vacation. Lonely Trixie tries to find new friends, but discovers that spiders have no sense of humor and mice just can’t appreciate a good tail-chase; no one can compare to Jinx.
“Auryn’s adaptations of these two books are wonderful. Reading them, playing with them, I am a child again,” says New York Times’ best-selling author Dean Koontz.
Key features of the storybook app include:
Personalization of picture, voice and text:
- Children can double up as illustrators of this book app by coloring Trixie herself, the background layouts, and other elements in every page using bright vibrant colors.
- Children can become their own narrator or listen to their parents narrate the book. Interactivity allows kids to personalize the sentence, create new action words and sharpen their vocabulary skills.
Image and word association vocabulary builder – when an image is touched the associated word is spoken and the written word displayed.
Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
Touch a word to hear it being spoken.
Trixie and Jinx is offered three ways for kids and families to enjoy:
- “Read to me” – Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects till they are ready to move to the next page.
- “Read myself” – There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
- “Auto Play” – same as “Read to Me” except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit www.auryn.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at: www.facebook.com/appsbyauryn, www.twitter.com/AurynApps and http://pinterest.com/appsbyauryn/.
About Dean Koontz
Dean Koontz is a prolific New York Times bestselling author whom the London Times has called “a master, a literary juggler.” His books have been translated into 36 languages and have sold more than 450,000,000 copies. He also served as the “editor” of books by his golden retriever, Trixie–Life Is Good, Christmas Is Good, and Bliss to You–and writes children’s books about her. Dean lives with his wife, Gerda, their golden retriever Anna, and the enduring spirit of Trixie in southern California. For more on Dean visit http://www.deankoontz.com, http://www.deankoontz.com/trixie, and follow him on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/deankoontzofficial.
May 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
Auryn’s entire Auracle line at a discounted rate of $.99 during Reading is Fun Week (May 13-19). Auracle titles include Miko “Goes on Vacation”, Since Lulu Learned the Cancan, Sister Yessa’s Story, The Perilous Pit, Randy Kazandy, Where Are Your Glasses?, I, Trixie, Who is Dog, The Emperor’s Race and many more.
“Anything we can do to promote reading amongst our youth is a positive movement for everyone,” said Umesh Shukla, Founder and CCO of Auryn. “We hope many children can take advantage of these great offers to enjoy the interactivity in sounds and visuals that go beyond the existing book experience. Today’s tots are demanding digital, and we are happy to provide the most award-winning line of storybook apps on the market today.”
List of Auracles on Sale for Children’s Book Week. Happy Reading!
|Edsel McFarlan’s New Car||http://bit.ly/ipheds|
|Tail Toes Eyes Ears Nose||http://bit.ly/iphtte|
|Love You To the Moon and Back||http://bit.ly/iphlov|
|Hurray for Pre-K!||http://bit.ly/iphhur|
|The Trees Grin Beside Me||http://bit.ly/s7ja5S|
|Dr. Duncan Dog on Duty||http://bit.ly/iphdrd|
|Miko – Mom, Wakeup and Play||http://bit.ly/iphm1|
|Miko – Mom, It Was Me||http://bit.ly/iphm2|
|Miko – No Bath! No Way!||http://bit.ly/iphm3a|
|Miko – Double Birthday||http://bit.ly/iphmi4|
|I, Trixie Who Is Dog||http://bit.ly/iphtrx|
|God’s Little Lamb||http://bit.ly/iphgll|
|Fruits for Little Lamb||http://bit.ly/iphfll|
|Hattie, The Backstage Bat||http://bit.ly/iphhat|
|Miko Wants a Dog||http://bit.ly/mi5iph|
|Miko Goes on Vacation||http://bit.ly/iph6mi|
|Miko – Where is Mimiki||http://bit.ly/mi7iph|
|Miko Moves Out||http://bit.ly/iphmi8|
|One Cold Night||http://bit.ly/iphocn|
|Randy Kazandy, Where are your Glasses?||http://bit.ly/iphran|
|Flash the Dash||http://bit.ly/iphftd|
|The Perilous Pit||http://bit.ly/tppiph|
|The Emperor’s Race||http://bit.ly/iphter|
|Since Lulu Learned the Cancan||http://bit.ly/iplulu|
|Sister Yessa’s Story||http://bit.ly/iphsis|
Free Lite Apps
|Edsel McFarlan’s New Car||http://bit.ly/liteds|
|Tail Toes Eyes Ears Nose||http://bit.ly/littte|
|Love You to the Moon & Back||http://bit.ly/lovlit|
|Hurray for Pre-K!||http://bit.ly/hurlit|
|The Trees Grin Beside Me||http://bit.ly/trelit|
|Dr. Duncan Dog on Duty||http://bit.ly/litddd|
|God’s Little Lamb||http://bit.ly/litgll|
|Fruits for Little Lamb||http://bit.ly/litell|
|Hattie, The Backstage Bat||http://bit.ly/hatit|
|One Cold Night||http://bit.ly/ocnlit|
|One Cold Night||http://bit.ly/iplicn|
|Randy Kazandy, Where are your Glasses?||http://bit.ly/litran|
|Flash the Dash||http://bit.ly/ftdlit|
|The Perilous Pit||http://bit.ly/litepp|
|The Emperor’s Race||http://bit.ly/liteer|
|Since Lulu Learned the Cancan||http://bit.ly/litllc|