Alphabet Animals, Paper Dolls, From The Game! and More App Fun for Kids and Adults this Spring from Award-Winning Digital Publisher Auryn
March 27, 2013 § Leave a comment
Auryn Inc. springs into action with world-renowned children’s authors and illustrators to expand library of storybook apps for children and sports fans photo sharing app this Spring on iPad and tablet devices.
Auryn Inc. the most award-winning digital publisher and creator of unprecedented children’s storybook apps for iPad and tablet devices, today brings more fun to reading and learning and another great way to enjoy your favorite sporting events with a fantastic line up of titles great for Spring time, including Alphabet Animals by Suse MacDonald, Breitville by Mary Engelbreit, Abby’s Aquarium Adventures, Part 2: Predators by Heidi de Maine, Some Day, Some Night by Jack Guinan and From the Game!, a photo sharing app for sports fans.
Each of these titles brings their own entertaining and educational experience:
- Alphabet Animals: Suse MacDonald, winner of Caldecott Honor, and Auryn recently released Alphabet Animals. In this app, animals – from an alligator to a zebra – take the shapes of all the letters in the alphabet. Each animal represents a different letter – but what could it be? To find the answer, children can tap on the animal to hear its name, tap to pull the card and hear the alphabet. This app is simple enough for children to learn their ABCs and expand their vocabulary while giving the visual treat of Suse MacDonald’s unique artwork. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/XXmguu.
- Breitville: Mary Engelbreit, world-renowned artist and graphic illustrator, and Auryn teamed up with the new release of Breitville, a paper doll dress up and play app for the digital age. Classic paper dolls are back in digital form in Breitville, a virtual town, where hours of fun await youngsters and reminiscent adults who want to play dress up with paper dolls, decorate doll houses and record their own TV show, all in digital form on the iPad. Available on iTunes now for $3.99 at http://bit.ly/paperDoll.
- Abby’s Aquarium Adventures, Part 2: Predators: Children at younger age are more curious to find out about new animals and creatures. Abby’s Aquarium Adventures 2, introduces kids not only to sea predators, but also gives an insight into the world of people who work inside the aquarium. Useful facts and fun ‘quirks’ about each fish or sea animal is presented in a language that is easy to understand but also leaves space for more exploration. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/102qRtA.
- Some Day, Some Night: Say goodnight to the precious little one in your life with the enchanting children’s bedtime storybook Some Day, Some Night. It’s a magical tale about a special day when the sun proclaimed, “I’d like to stay!” Stay up and not go to bed that is. But, with the help of his friends–the farmer, the birds, the rooster, the flowers, the wind and the moon and the stars, the sun learns that he too, like all good little boys and girls must go to sleep at night. Soothing rhymes, lush illustrations and themes of friendship, hope and love create the perfect environment for your child at bedtime. Available on iTunes now for $1.99 at http://bit.ly/X9SuUQ.
- From the Game!: The newest most exciting way to share images and videos from your favorite professional, college, high school or even recreational league games. Easily upload videos and pictures you take and share them with other fans. Just saw the best game of your life? Have the definitive panorama shot from your local stadium? Post your photos and videos and check to see who else has posted from that game. From the Game is the simplest way to connect with other fans, see their pictures and videos and share great moments caught while in the stands. No filters allowed, only great sport moments in their true glory. Available free on iTunes now at http://bit.ly/UKdf36.
“Spring brings National Reading Month and an overall renewed energy,” said Umesh Shukla, Founder and CCO of Auryn. “It’s Auryn’s goal is to bring the best in education and entertainment apps to children for hours and hours of enjoyment and learning. We are also excited to bring some fun photo sharing to adults with From the Game! All of these Spring titles are examples of Auryn’s dedication to making learning and life’s great moments more fun and memorable.”
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit http://auryn.tv/ and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at: https://www.facebook.com/aurynapps, http://www.twitter.com/AurynApps and http://pinterest.com/appsbyauryn/
March 15, 2013 § Leave a comment
This blog opens up the “Surprise” Auryn was planning for it’s readers during the National Reading Month Giveaway. Read the blog to unveil the surprise!
When I was a little girl, I decided the most wonderful things in the world were books. They were my friends. They kept me company when I was lonely and showed me a bigger world when I felt like I didn’t fit in. Around age ten is when Little Women captured me. I loved Jo March. She was self-conscious but pushed the boundaries of being proper anyway. She was a bold, outspoken dreamer. She revealed myself to me. I wanted to grow up to be Jo March but with a paintbrush.
Imagine my surprise when I learned that Louisa May Alcott, the author of Little Women, had modeled Jo after herself. Louisa was an ordinary woman who lived and breathed. In reading about the real Jo, I made the connection that art is created by flesh and blood. It comes through everyday people, to…
View original post 105 more words
March 12, 2013 § 1 Comment
Played and collected Paper Dolls in your childhood? Now is the time to share your favorite game with your kids, while keeping up with technology…paper Doll Dress Up app in now available on iPad!!!!
Now, award-winning app developer Auryn has worked with Mary Engelbreit to transform the classic game of dressing up paper dolls into a fun and interactive app that brings the dolls to life, even allowing you to ask them questions and record “shows” with them! Kids wouldn’t want to leave the iPad now.
Read what others are talking about the app:
It’s super interactive and brings the paper dolls to life. You can even ask them questions or record shows with them! – Child Mode.
Breitville stays true to the simple pleasure of the paper doll, while offering top-notch iOS integrations. – Pad Gadget
If you still haven’t tried “Breitville” you sure are missing something! Visit the Appstore today!
March 5, 2013 § 1 Comment
Heard the news? Introducing for the first time ever on iPad, a Paper Doll Dress-up app!!
Classic artwork gets a modern twist in this wonderful interactive doll house & dress-up app! Dress your paper dolls, decorate doll houses, even record your own “TV show”! Ask the dolls a question: they respond!
Beloved artist Mary Engelbreit presents “Breitville”, a virtual town where endless hours of play & delight await!
For decades, artist and graphic illustrator Mary Englebreit has delighted fans around the world with her artwork — in particular, her beautiful depictions of children and of life from a simpler time. Now, award-winning app developer Auryn has worked with Mary to transform the classic game of dressing up paper dolls into a fun and interactive app that brings the dolls to life, even allowing you to ask them questions and record “shows” with them.
Features in the app include:
- Five dolls with mix-n-match outfits are included: two girls, two boys, and a baby.
- Interactivity! Ask the dolls a question, or tell them that you love them: they’ll respond!
- Show-time! Turn your dolls into stars: the “TV studio” lets you record videos of the dolls as you move & voice them (Like a puppet-show, but with the dolls. Great for inspiring creativity! Invent your own dialog & plot-lines!) Once you record your TV show, don’t forget to share them with your family and friends!
- Customize the décor with hundreds of items to choose from! You can decorate up to three houses (each house has three rooms and a garden), a park, and the beach! From the wallpaper in the kitchen to the white-picket fence in the garden to the sofa in the living room, you can customize the entire home in classic Engelbreit style.
Loved what you read? Check out whether its True or not: Breitville: Mary Engelbreit’s Paper Doll Dress Up available for $3.99 ONLY!